IRCUtils - welcome
IRCUtils is a Python framework for communicating with the IRC protocol.
It's designed for ease of use for anything you'd need. It also has fast and simple support for writing bots.
Its features include:
- Asynchronous connection management
- Abstraction of the IRC protocol
- Simple bot creation
- SSL connection support
- Easy text formatting
- Automatic tracking of client nickname changes
- Automatic channel tracking
- CTCP compatibility
- Advanced message handling
- Basic ident server
It is important to note that currently ircutils is not thread-safe. This is because it builds off of asynchat.async_chat which is itself not thread-safe. This will change in a future version.
Download (version 0.1.3)
- Windows installer (ircutils-0.1.3.exe)
- Compressed source (ircutils-0.1.3.tar.gz)
- Or grab the latest revision!
If you have a bug you'd like to report, then create a bug report.
You are encouraged to include a solution to the bug if you know one, but there's no obligation.
- Evan Fosmark (primary)
- Bryan Lockwood